Westport Library has a long history of helping jobseekers find the information and gain the skills that can lead to success. The reference librarians are happy to serve as resources for your job search campaign.
A special thank you to the Westport Woman’s Club for the seed money to create this jobseekers portal.
Jobseeker Services and Resources
- Book a librarian: Make an ref [at] westportlibrary [dot] org (appointment) with a librarian for individualized training or assistance in gathering information on companies, industries or people.
- Email, call or text your question about a company prior to an interview.
- To create your own targeted company list, use the high-powered online tools, LexisNexis, and Reference USA.
- For industry trends, company information and articles, use Business and Company Resource Center or PowerSearch.
- For expert advice on your resume and interviewing skills, use the online JobNow service.
- For a list of area networking groups.
- To find recommended jobseeker websites.
- Gain valuable insights at seminars presented by librarians and job search experts.
- Use small or large meeting rooms or the Business Reading Room.
- Free wireless internet service for your laptop. Library computers, scanners, and printers.
- Library cafe for snacks and beverages.