Reports to: Executive Director
The Westport Library in beautiful downtown Westport, CT enjoys a seaside climate with breathtaking natural assets, sophisticated modern living, and offers proximity to New York City and easy access to the entire northeast. The Westport Library is one of America’s few Five Star Libraries and offers employees a collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial environment. We value great patron service, initiative, flexibility, and a positive approach to meeting our goals.
In 2019, the Library underwent a $21 million renovation which includes three flexible levels to learn, study, create and explore. The Library offers state of the art media and post-production studios and a beautiful cafe. Our staff, from those newly hired to those who have been here for years, is committed to creating an even better library. We are seeking a high energy Director of Finance and HR Admin who sees the big picture and also has a strong background in accounting, fiscal management and payroll and benefits administration.
The Finance and HR Administration Director works closely with the Executive Director, colleagues, and the Board of Trustees to ensure sound Fiscal Management for the Library. They are accountable for daily accounting and fiscal operations, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Director prepares and monitors the annual Library budget, financial reports, taxes, audits, fiscal controls, fiscal policy and procedures and oversees payroll and benefits, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff. They bring an analytical foundation to all activities, creates initiative-specific analytics, and uses data to derive actionable insights that drive the strategic objectives of the Library.
- Utilizing business software, manages daily transactions for all Library and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly financial and quarterly investment reports.
- Prepares and ensures timely filing of all required Federal and State tax forms.
- Performs cash management functions, monitors cash flows and balances, and transfers funds between accounts as needed.
- Ensures the Library has the optimal policies, practices, controls, and systems in place for its financial resources.
- Ensures timely annual audit and compliance with all fiscal laws and regulations.
- Maintains all financial records, including payroll, accounts payable/receivables, deposits, insurance policies, monthly and annual general ledgers and supporting financial statements and reports.
- Develops and tracks budgets for new and existing projects.
- Manages the activities of the Finance and HR Administration Associate.
- Administers HR Benefits ensuring compliance with Union Contracts and Library Policies and Procedures
- Oversees payroll processing, human resource information systems and databases.
- BS degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- Attention to details and accuracy of accounting, financial management and project transactions and reporting.
- Strong interest and passion for fiscal management and business development in a non-profit organization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, and effectively manage resources.
- Proven experience with data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to balance job requirements and relationships with other members of the management team.
- Ability to achieve organizational outcomes in innovative ways.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of accounting and financial management experience, ideally with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with Blackbaud software is a plus.
Interested candidates please submit your application materials to [email protected] and include the title of the position in the subject line.