JOB SEARCH CAREER COACH
This is a part time, 15 hrs. per week position.
The Westport Library is recruiting for an empathetic part-time job search coach, knowledgeable about community support services, to assist and motivate unemployed/underemployed people to achieve their career goals. This support is individual-based and centered around work-related goals. The assistance provided will include needs assessment, and then one or more of the following services /or referrals to other appropriate community resources, and/or resume writing, interview skills training, skills building. Success in this position will require a strong partnership with the Westport Department of Human Services, Homes with Hope, and the Westport Housing Authority.
- Conducts initial career goals assessments
- Provides resume building support
- Delivers Interview Skills Training and conducts mock interviews
- Shares knowledge of recruiting best practices
- Provides referrals to other community services to meet specific needs
- Identifies job opportunities in line with participants skills and experience
- Facilitates weekly group meetings for peer-to-peer support, skills building and accountability
- Delivers MS Office Training or collaborates with community partners or other Library colleagues to provide this support.
- Assists with the job search process including email and LinkedIn setup; internet navigation; uploading and downloading of documents, etc.
- Establishes relationships with local businesses to help secure employment
- Develops and manages metric to demonstrate impact
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Successfully demonstrated public service experience delivering career services
- Ability to work well with diverse patrons and particularly people experiencing stress
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office and Google Drive products
- Experience in a mentoring or advising role
- Comfortable with communicating advice, feedback, and critiques professionally and concisely in individual and group settings
- Knowledgeable about recruiting techniques and best practices.
- Adaptable to changing work environments and is a lifelong learner
- Strong problem-solving and decision making and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and position may require occasional evening or weekend work.
Interested candidates submit resume to [email protected] and include title of position in subject line.