Most of us move through life wishing we would accomplish various things — find a new job, travel the world, make more money, etc. — and even though we know what we want and wish it would happen, we often don't really take action to accomplish our goals. We blame our boss, the weather, traffic, lack of time and support (to name a few). We keep disappointing ourselves and others and spending energy feeling out of balance.
In this fun and entertaining hour led by Barbara Boselli of BNOW consulting, participants will understand why some of their most important and personal goals are not being achieved, or why they start working on their goals and then stop. We will explore the difference between knowing what we want and actually doing something to achieve it.
To register for this in-person event at the library, please click here.
During this program, participants will:
- Develop the emotional intelligence skill of self-awareness to understand how we chose our actions.
- Understand why we put off things that we consider priorities.
- Debunk the myth that we need motivation to get things done.
- Discuss the distinction between owner and victim behavior.
- Learn how to develop the mechanisms to establish new habits and address setbacks that might appear.