- This event has passed.
WestportWRITES: The Writer's Law School
September 19, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Learn the legal basics of copyrights, trademarks and key provisions of contracts to understand the small print of publishing from attorney Jodé Millman.
- The differences between Copyright, Trademarks, Patents and Service Marks.
- The Copyright Registration Process and the CASE law.
- What is the Public Domain?
- What is the Fair Use Doctrine?
- Which Business Entity is best for my writing career?
- What are the Right of Privacy, Libel and Slander?
- The Anatomy of a Publishing Deal-Contract Basics.
- Resources to help you protect your rights.
Jodé has been an attorney for more than 40 years with practical experience in Intellectual Property Law and is the award-winning author of THE MIDNIGHT CALL. She is a contributing editor of “The Kaminstein Legislative History Project: A Compendium andAnalytical Index of Materials Leading to the Copyright Act of l976," holds a MA in English Literature specializing in Law and Literature, the author of the best-selling Broadway Series“ SEATS: NEW YORK,” a producer/host of a popular podcast, and a book reviewer forBooktrib.com. Her new thriller, Hooker Avenue is out in April.